Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Purpose




Purpose. I remember when I was in sixth grade, one of my dreams someone had told me that my purpose in life is to help people and make them smile. At the time I couldn't understand or fathom the depth of this simple sentence. I remember waking up thinking I'm too young to have these big responsibilities. How will I help people? How can I make them smile? Was this my purpose or just a dream to be forgotten about ?



Continuously in my life I am reminded and reassured that these truly are my purpose in life. Sometimes I question if I am doing enough in reaching as many people as I can but I've learned that it is the quality of help I give to someone not the quantity. In helping people I have been able to help myself. I have learned more about myself in this 27 year journey then I could have ever imagined when I first embarked on it.



I realize that in helping people it leaves room for disappointment and sadness but it has truly been a gift for me to meet so many amazing people that have forever changed my life.



Understanding my purpose has allowed me to be::
Happy.
Proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment