Laughter. Growing up my mother was always such a positive force in my life. She could take any situation and put a positive spin on it. We used to roll our eyes because she would often take words and make a song out of them. My father was always busy with his business but it never felt like there was a void because my mom was able to compensate for him.
I never knew when I was little what an impact my mother would have on my life. She taught us to appreciate the small things such as movies on Wednesdays, stories in the park, and walks to the library. It never occurred to me that we may be less fortunate than those around us because she always made us feel that we had everything we needed. Everything was an adventure growing up, she could take the simplest of things and make them seem like a real life event. We were always celebrating something--cinco de mayo, dogs birthday. Everyday felt like a celebration and she taught us that life is worth living BECAUSE of the small things.
In my life, I surprise myself daily that I'm able to find so much joy and happiness around me. I see the world for what it is not as for what it is portrayed in the news. It's an amazingly wonderful abyss just waiting to be explored.
My mother is the energy, love, optimism, and spirit that we need.
Because of her::
I am happy.
I am proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment