Friday, August 7, 2015

Family




Family. Always one of my highest priorities. When I was little I had assumed that every family grew up as close as mine. I thought that everyone's aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents came over weekly to celebrate in their weeks accomplishments.



My great grandmother was a big part of our life while she was alive. She really held the family together and made sure that our weekly visits remained. She would tell us stories of her childhood and reminisce about her life growing up in America. It wasn't until she passed away that we really understood the depths of her sorrows and sadness of leaving her country to never return. She seemingly had adjusted well to America but this was just the face that she put on amongst her family.



It's been engrained in my life to always put family first. We've never missed an annual reunion and try to attend every gathering. We are always reminded that when you have nothing else, you always have family. They have been my support system through the ups and downs and have shared in all my troubles and trials. My extended family has shown me so much love, support and kindness and taught me the true meaning of family.



They have never judged but rather shown continuous and unconditional love. They have shown me sacrifice, strength, and persistence.



I understand now that the blessings I call family not everyone is lucky enough to have or experience.



I am forever grateful for my family.
Because of them::
I am happy.
I am proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment