Children. Something about a childs spirit makes you feel alive- Makes you remember what's good in life- makes you appreciate your greatest childhood memories.
For 7 years I nannied for 4 families. About 3 months into it, I experienced something that forever changed my life--a feeling of great contentment, a feeling of happiness. Being an example to these babies made me feel like I had purpose in life. I understand they weren't my own but I took great pride in having such a great responsibility in raising these children while their parents were at work.
I learned to express the endless joy I felt within myself and that these children were receptive to this inherit optimism I felt.
We laughed, we played, we sang, we danced. It never felt like work to me because all this children brought such joy to my life.
They taught me to appreciate life, to live in the moment, to dance in the rain, to get dirty. They reminded me that consistency isn't key, that rules sometimes need to be made up, that life really isn't so serious.
These children will always live within my heart and always be such an amazing memory in my life.
Because I am able to see life through a childs eyes::
I am happy.
I am proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment