Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Forgiveness




Forgiveness is something many of us struggle with. Many of us hold onto the anger, betrayal, or sadness and allow the bitterness to consume us.We believe that by forgiving someone it is okaying their behavior, but it is just the contrary. By forgiving someone it allows us to free OURSELVES and to tell OURSELVES that is okay to move on. Forgiveness is a selfish act. True forgiveness makes us feel weightless because we regain the power that we lost for awhile. The power that was taken from us by anger, betrayal, or sadness.

With forgiveness we must be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; we must hold to forgiveness, command what is right, and turn away from the ignorant. Though we may be quick to forgive it can be difficult to free ourselves of the hatred and anger that remains in our hearts.

We are not defined by our mistakes but rather the lessons we learn from them and the forgiveness we receive.

Because I have the power to forgive:: I am happy. I am proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment