Exercise. Never something I thought I would love. It seemed like a means to an end and the thought of the end sounded much more appealing.
Five years ago when I first began exercising, I was doing it out of necessity, definitely not for enjoyment but the more I did it, the more I realized that I could turn it into something to be proud of. Each time I went I would try to push that extra lap, that extra minute so i could make myself proud. I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it and that I wasn't giving up that easily.
Exercising has become a way of life for me. It's something that not only pushes me physically but also mentally as well. It allows me to test my own limits and discover that limitations are nonexistent. They exist inside your head but the reality is your mind is a powerful tool, one that can be manipulated if you choose to.
I often surprise myself with the physical boundaries I push. I'm reminded daily that I can do anything I set my mind to and because of that::
I am happy.
I am proud.

No comments:
Post a Comment