What makes us feel like we're not good enough? strong enough? pretty enough? skinny enough? Is it an endless quest that society has placed on us that makes us feel like we are not enough.
For years I struggled with being not enough, especially for myself. I was hard on myself and had a hard time thinking i was good enough for myself let alone other people. During high school I constantly compared myself to those around me believing that I wasn't pretty enough, skinny enough, etc. The more I learned about myself, the more I realized that being 'enough' starts inside yourself.
I WAS good enough for me. I was strong enough, pretty enough, skinny enough, smart enough. I had placed too much value on the opinions of others that i disregarded being enough for myself.
Of course like anyone, I still have bouts where I wonder if I am enough. I’m still scared for at least a little bit, every day. I’ll have moments when I think that I’m not smart enough, not productive enough, not talented enough, etc.
There are days when I feel more confident, when I believe in my own ability; it can be hard to remember those moments of positivity when I’m consumed by self-doubt.
Emily Greener: “We’re running around every day and we look in the mirror, but we don’t really see ourselves. All of us are starving to be seen, to be heard, to belong.”
The desire to be everything to everyone and the fear of not being “good enough” is pervasive. It’s detrimental to our personal and professional progress, to our relationships, and most importantly, to our love for and confidence in ourselves.
Ive learned to pay attention to the source of my self-doubt, be conscious of it and work through it once it starts to creep in.
Because Ive learned that I AM ENOUGH::
I am happy.
I am proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment